Should High School Sports Contiune?

Eric Cadenas, Staff Writer

This pandemic has raised many questions, but the one that some people are wondering is if school sports should continue/ start?  I feel that they should continue school sports and let me tell you why. 

Sports should stay open because they have an impact in local communities. According to the article, “During a Pandemic, High School Sports May Be Even More Important” it states, “That value also resides within communities, and after months of consistent hardship, they are ready to support high school sports.” I think it means that communities support sports because they bring a sense of pride  to those communities. School sports need to be regulated so none of the players and coaches get Covid. Athletes and coaches should take the vaccine, so they can be safe when on the field and at sporting events. This is the right time to allow high school sports to continue because the vaccine is out and they are starting to reopen stuff again. A lot of people want to see their teams win against other schools. As long as people are within the guidelines, high schools should open for any sports athlete.

Another reason that high school sports should reopen is because it’s good for the youth’s physical and mental health. In the article, “How Playing a Sport Can Improve Your Mental Health” it states, “Sports can help improve your concentration and keep you mentally sharp as you age. Participating in a mix of aerobic and muscle-strengthening exercise for 30 minutes or longer at least three times a week can improve mental abilities, including critical thinking, learning and using good judgment.” This explains that sports can improve an athlete’s mental health when they do any type of sporting activity. This can really help the players since this pandemic has mentally drained  athletes. This is why I believe that high school sports are needed.

I hope that high school sports open and athletes start training so that they win. high school sports should reopen and athletes start training so that they can bring a sense of pride to the community and because it will help mentally stimulate students. Though I’m not much of a sports fan, I believe bringing back high school sports will be exciting.

canva