The Return Of Spring Break

Moises Valencia, Staff Writer

What will spring break bring you this year? Spring break is a time where students and staff can relax together to celebrate a holiday, while students have school off for a week. Spring break started in 1938 with a swim forum event in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. By around 1960, however, students had begun to come to the town in great numbers, and local businesses took advantage of this influx by offering specials such as all-you-can-drink beer for $1.50. Spring break is to celebrate Easter, to relax your body and mind. This year spring break will start on March 20th and usually end one to two weeks.

There were several interviews conducted about how students will be spending their time over the break. Noah Gonzales, Mark Frink, and Matthew Tapia, when asked how they would be spending their time and question about the easter holiday. The majority of the interviews celebrated Easter. All three will be traveling to visit  family over the break, Frink will be traveling to his aunt and uncle’s house, Gonzales will go to Mexico by plane, Tapia will be going to Fresno.

All three are going to visit family over break by car or via plane, Frink, Gonzales, and Tapia will have a barbecue for Easter to celebrate the holiday. When asked whether they thought they are too old for Easter all three students said they were not too old to celebrate. 

“How old is too old for Easter,” Frink said, “when you are a senior in high school” Gonzales inputs his opinion by saying 21 is when you are too old and Tapia thinks 18 is enough. All three stated that they will be hiding easter eggs for their younger family members or they will be searching for eggs. Frink and Gonzales will be painting colored eggs.

What will you be doing while you’re off school for one week? Perhaps relaxing, playing video games, spending time with your family, or going outdoors and seeing the sun? Whatever your plans are for this spring break, stay safe over the break and have fun!